Three labourers killed in gas leak at Haldia
Kolkata: Three labourers were killed
after poisonous gas leaked from a chemical factory at Haldia
in East Midnapore district, police said.
"There was a leakage from the chemical pipe of Emami
Biotech Limited and two persons died due to the poisonous
effect of the gas," East Midnapore Superintendent of Police
Ajit Sarkar said.
Another person was rushed to the Ulubeira
sub-divisional hospital who also died later, he said.
The dead have been identified as Tapan Jana and
Buddhadeb Acharya, both residents of Haldia, and Nimai
Pramanik, a resident of Mohisadol.
The trio were on night shift when the incident took
place Sunday morning.
Asked whether there will be any action taken against
the company, Sarkar said, "The bodies have been sent for post
mortem and after the report comes, we will be able to know the
exact cause of death."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror