Three more babies die in Malda hospital
Malda (WB): Three more newborns died
since last night at the Malda Sadar Hospital here and all of
them were referred from hospitals located in rural areas.
Seven babies had died yesterday in the same hospital
attached to the Malda Medical College.
Dr Debasish Bhattacharya, principal of the Malda
Medical College, said the babies were born premature and
underweight in some rural hospitals from where they were
Most of the seven babies who died yesterday were from
the villages of Malda, Jharkhand and Bangladesh, officials
Meanwhile, a two-member high-powered task force,
headed by Dr Tridib Banerjee, visited the hospital and met
officials of the health department.
Chief Medical Officer of Health Swapan Kumar Jhariat
said health secretary Sanjay Mitra would visit the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY