Three of a Bengal family among four killed in accident
Gopeshwar(Uttarakhand): Four persons, including three members of a family from West Bengal, were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Lolti area in Chamoli district, police said on Friday.
The incident took place late last night on Gwaldam-Karnaprayag road when the vehicle fell into a 500 ft deep gorge, killing all its occupants including the driver on the spot, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Chapal Kantidhar Chaudhry (62), his wife Lipika Chaudhry (54) and their son Kushal Chaudhry (22). The driver of the vehicle is yet to be identified, they said.
The kin of the deceased tourists from West Bengal have been informed and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre