Three of a Bengal family among four killed in accident
Gopeshwar(Uttarakhand): Four persons, including three members of a family from West Bengal, were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Lolti area in Chamoli district, police said on Friday.
The incident took place late last night on Gwaldam-Karnaprayag road when the vehicle fell into a 500 ft deep gorge, killing all its occupants including the driver on the spot, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Chapal Kantidhar Chaudhry (62), his wife Lipika Chaudhry (54) and their son Kushal Chaudhry (22). The driver of the vehicle is yet to be identified, they said.
The kin of the deceased tourists from West Bengal have been informed and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!