Three of a Bengal family among four killed in accident
Gopeshwar(Uttarakhand): Four persons, including three members of a family from West Bengal, were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Lolti area in Chamoli district, police said on Friday.
The incident took place late last night on Gwaldam-Karnaprayag road when the vehicle fell into a 500 ft deep gorge, killing all its occupants including the driver on the spot, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Chapal Kantidhar Chaudhry (62), his wife Lipika Chaudhry (54) and their son Kushal Chaudhry (22). The driver of the vehicle is yet to be identified, they said.
The kin of the deceased tourists from West Bengal have been informed and further investigations are on, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living