Three of a Bengal family among four killed in accident
Gopeshwar(Uttarakhand): Four persons, including three members of a family from West Bengal, were killed when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Lolti area in Chamoli district, police said on Friday.
The incident took place late last night on Gwaldam-Karnaprayag road when the vehicle fell into a 500 ft deep gorge, killing all its occupants including the driver on the spot, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Chapal Kantidhar Chaudhry (62), his wife Lipika Chaudhry (54) and their son Kushal Chaudhry (22). The driver of the vehicle is yet to be identified, they said.
The kin of the deceased tourists from West Bengal have been informed and further investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj