Three of family hacked to death in Purulia village
Purulia: Three members of a family were hacked to death by unidentified assailants early this morning at Amra village in Kotshila bloc, 30 km from Purulia town.
Purulia SP C Sudhakar said 42-year-old Arun Mahato, his wife Lakshmi mahato and two-year-old son were killed in front of their parents.
The aged parents were so traumatised by the brutal killing that they lost their voice and were admitted to a hospital nearby for treatment.
The SP said no arrest had been made yet as the police was waiting for the parents` voice to restore to know the details.
Meanwhile, the police suspects that contract killers had been hired for the job and family dispute was the reason for the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply