Three persons drown, one missing in Malda floods
Malda: Three persons have drowned in the flood waters and one person is missing after a boat capsized in Malda district of West Bengal which has affected a population of 2 lakh.
Eighty-six villages in Manikchak, Kaliachak 111 and Ratua 1 blocks were submerged and the Ganga and Fulahar were flowing much above the extreme danger mark, official sources said.
Among the dead were two children who drowned yesterday and a 14-year-old boy met a similar fate today.
A boat with three-four persons capsized in the flood waters at Janjalitola in Ratua today, the sources said.
While two persons swam to safety, one person was still missing.
Tarpauline sheets were being distributed among the flood-affected people, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad