Three persons drown, one missing in Malda floods
Malda: Three persons have drowned in the flood waters and one person is missing after a boat capsized in Malda district of West Bengal which has affected a population of 2 lakh.
Eighty-six villages in Manikchak, Kaliachak 111 and Ratua 1 blocks were submerged and the Ganga and Fulahar were flowing much above the extreme danger mark, official sources said.
Among the dead were two children who drowned yesterday and a 14-year-old boy met a similar fate today.
A boat with three-four persons capsized in the flood waters at Janjalitola in Ratua today, the sources said.
While two persons swam to safety, one person was still missing.
Tarpauline sheets were being distributed among the flood-affected people, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre