Three suspected dacoits lynched in WB
Burdwan (WB): Three persons suspected to be dacoits were lynched by locals near Godda area of Burdwan town.
Superintendent of Police, Burdwan, SMH Mirza said some suspected dacoits had assembled in Godda area around Monday midnight to commit dacoity. The local people caught hold of three of them while the others fled.
They thrashed the three suspected dacoits severely till they were rescued by police in a serious condition and rushed to hospital, the SP said, adding that the three suspected dacoits succumbed to injuries in the hospital early this morning.
The three have been identified as Karthik Karmakar (40), Nimai Swarnakar (30) and Dharmendra Singh (30), Mirza said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah