Three suspected dacoits lynched in WB
Burdwan (WB): Three persons suspected to be dacoits were lynched by locals near Godda area of Burdwan town.
Superintendent of Police, Burdwan, SMH Mirza said some suspected dacoits had assembled in Godda area around Monday midnight to commit dacoity. The local people caught hold of three of them while the others fled.
They thrashed the three suspected dacoits severely till they were rescued by police in a serious condition and rushed to hospital, the SP said, adding that the three suspected dacoits succumbed to injuries in the hospital early this morning.
The three have been identified as Karthik Karmakar (40), Nimai Swarnakar (30) and Dharmendra Singh (30), Mirza said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next