Three TMC councillors resign in Siliguri
Siliguri: Three Trinamool Congress
councillors have resigned from their posts pressurising the
Congress, which formed the Siliguri Municipal Corporation with
the help of CPI(M) last year to immediately snap links with
the Marxist party.
Leader of the Trinamool Congress in the Corporation,
Gautam Deb and two other councillors resigned from three
committees on Friday, officials said.
The Trinamool Congress has been demanding the resignation
of the Congress Mayor and asking for the formation of a new
board with it.
Deb alleged that that his party has been demanding a
white paper detailing corruption of the Left Front while
running the board till September 2009.
But the Congress has so far not made any move to
publish the white paper, which proved it had a clandestine
link with the Marxist party, he claimed.
"We are against the CPI(M) and in no case can compromise
with anyone having terms with the CPI(M)," he said.
On October 1 last year the Congress had formed the
Corporation with the support of the CPI(M) which alone had 17
councillors in the 47-member member board. Congress and
Trinamool Congress had 15 seats each.
Responding to the allegations, Darjeeling District
Congress Secretary, Uday Dubey said that it was decided last
month that the dispute in the SMC would be settled by the
state leadership of both parties.
"But there has been no initiative by the Trinamool
Congress," he said.
Stating that a change in the DCC leadership would take
place within a day or two, he said, "It will not be wise for
me to take any decision in this very sensitive matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video