Three women found murdered in WB
Beharampore: Three women of a family were found murdered in their flat in Beharampore town in Murshidabad district, police said Tuesday.
The local people informed police yesterday that the family was not opening the door or responding even after repeated calls.
The police then went to the flat and broke open the door and found the bodies of three women - Bijaya Basu, her aunt Prabha Das and daughter Aishree Basu.
Superintendent of Police, Murshidabad, Humayun Kabir said preliminary investigation reveals that they were strangulated to death.
Local people alleged that the woman and her daughter were raped before murdering them.
"Only after we get postmortem report, we can say whether they were raped or not. Investigations into the case was on," police said.
Bijaya Basu`s husband has not seen by the local people for last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP