Three youths arrested with fake currency
Burdwan: Three youths were arrested from Howrah-bound Jamalpur Express at Burdwan station on Tuesday for carrying fake notes with a face value of Rs 23 lakh.
GRP sources said Bijay Mondal, Akash Sk and Ajay Kumar, all aged 20-22, were arrested when they were found to carry the fake notes in bundles of Rs 1000.
The GRP officers noticed them bringing out the bundles of notes from their backpack in the train.
On interrogation, they were found to carry the fake notes from Bihar to Kolkata, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption