Three youths arrested with fake currency
Burdwan: Three youths were arrested from Howrah-bound Jamalpur Express at Burdwan station on Tuesday for carrying fake notes with a face value of Rs 23 lakh.
GRP sources said Bijay Mondal, Akash Sk and Ajay Kumar, all aged 20-22, were arrested when they were found to carry the fake notes in bundles of Rs 1000.
The GRP officers noticed them bringing out the bundles of notes from their backpack in the train.
On interrogation, they were found to carry the fake notes from Bihar to Kolkata, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...