Throw out Tapas Pal from party: Amar Singh
Kolkata: Rashtriya Lokmanch Party leader Amar Singh today said Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal should be thrown out of the party for his controversial `shoot and rape` comments.
"No apology should be accepted in such a case. The leader of the party should throw him out of the party. He doesn`t deserve to be an elected representative any more," Singh told reporters here on the sidelines of an interactive session organised by the MCC Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"He is a mentally sick person as he treats women as an object of physical gratification. I am saying this as a father of two daughters," Singh said.
The former Samajwadi party general secretary claimed that if Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee did not act against Pal she would face the consequences and lose support.
He came out in support of the Narendra Modi government saying that he has set an example of good governance by asking the rich to give up subsidy on LPG cylinders.
"Subsidies are meant for lower and lower middle class families and not for the rich. So this is good governance," Singh said, while also supporting the hike in rail fares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video