Throw out Tapas Pal from party: Amar Singh
Kolkata: Rashtriya Lokmanch Party leader Amar Singh today said Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal should be thrown out of the party for his controversial `shoot and rape` comments.
"No apology should be accepted in such a case. The leader of the party should throw him out of the party. He doesn`t deserve to be an elected representative any more," Singh told reporters here on the sidelines of an interactive session organised by the MCC Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"He is a mentally sick person as he treats women as an object of physical gratification. I am saying this as a father of two daughters," Singh said.
The former Samajwadi party general secretary claimed that if Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee did not act against Pal she would face the consequences and lose support.
He came out in support of the Narendra Modi government saying that he has set an example of good governance by asking the rich to give up subsidy on LPG cylinders.
"Subsidies are meant for lower and lower middle class families and not for the rich. So this is good governance," Singh said, while also supporting the hike in rail fares.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case
- Madhya Pradesh IAS officer transferred for 'praising' Nehru on Facebook? Congress to stage protests
- Supreme Court refuses to stay NEET ordinance, says it will create confusion
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!