Tight security arrangements on Kishenji`s death anniversary
Jhargram (WB): Security forces were on alert here and elsewhere one year after the death of top Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias `Kishenji` in an encounter at Burishol village in Jangalmahal area of West Midnapore with CRPF.
"Traffic plied as usual as life was more or less normal in the Jhargram sub-division area though an undercurrent of tension prevailed.Special raid parties, each having 15-16 security personnel armed with assault rifles, were moving around in eight motorcycles, to thwart any subversive activity", a senior police officer said.
The forces kept special vigil in Belpahari, Binpur, Nayagram, Gopiballavpur, Lalgarh areas not far from the 65-km long Bengal-Jharkhand-Odisha inter-state borders, the officer said.
The railways also made special security arrangements in the Kharagpur-Adra section which pass through Salboni, Goaltore and Kharagpur-Tatanagar section via Jhargram with GRPF personnel deployed in special camps at three places for quick movement, a senior railway official said.
The GRPF, raised from RPF and GRP for security measures, has been kept at camps at Kharagpur, Manikpara and Sardiha, where the Jnaneswari Express derailment had taken place, while sniffer dogs were being used to check the spots.
Fifty-eight year-old Molajula Koteswar Rao, better known as Kishenji, was killed in an encounter with forces on November 24, 2011 at Burishol forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’