Titillating dance at ITI organised by Trinamool`s student wing
Midnapore (WB): Days after a Trinamool Congress leader courted controversy by throwing wads of currency notes towards skimpily-clad girls dancing at its foundation day event, a freshers` welcome function organised by the party`s student wing saw a dancer giving a titillating performance on stage.
Students of the Industrial Training Institute at Rangamati in West Midnapore district rushed on stage as the dancer began pouring water on herself at the event organised by the Trinamool Chhatra Parishad on Sunday.
The programme, which started late at night, was beamed by television channels.
TMCP district president Ramaprasad Giri, who was present at the function, today said he had left before the dancer`s performance.
"I have asked for a detailed report from the college unit of TMCP. Action will be taken after getting the report," Giri said.
Students union officials were unavailable for comment.
Earlier, on January 1, the party`s foundation day, skimpily clad dancers were showered with currency notes by TMC leader and Zilla Parishad member Mir Tahir Ali which led to his suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured