TMC cajoling Left MLAs to vote for party: CPI-M
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress workers are cajoling several MLAs of Left Front parties to vote for its candidates in the Rajya Sabha elections in West Bengal on Friday, LF major CPI(M) alleged on Thursday.
CPI(M) leader Rabin Deb alleged that TMC was engaging party workers at local levels to persuade LF MLAs to vote for TMC with the help of police administration.
He said such instances had taken place with Forward Bloc MLAs of Dubrajpur and Joypur Bijoy Bagdi and Dhirendranath Mahato respectively and CPI-M legislator of Bandwan Susanta Besra.
A formal complaint had been lodged with the Election Commission, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan