TMC demands Buddhadeb`s arrest
Kolkata: With expelled CPI(M) leader Lakshman Seth alleging that Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was trying to make him a scapegoat for the firing in Nandigram in 2007, a Trinamool Congress leader today demanded that the former chief minister be arrested by CBI.
"We feel that CBI should arrest Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee along with Lakshman Seth and interrogate them together to bring out the truth. We will campaign on this issue in all the 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state," West Bengal Food and Supplies minister Jyotipriyo Mullick said.
CPI(M) leader Shyamal Chakraborty, however told PTI "Does the party needs to answer to all the allegations that he (Seth) is making? Even the CBI couldn`t prove any charge against Buddhadeb."
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said that the party had given Seth enough chances to rectify himself but he did not do so.
Seth, a former MP and the face of the CPI(M) in Nandigram, was expelled from the party yesterday for anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda