TMC demands Buddhadeb`s arrest
Kolkata: With expelled CPI(M) leader Lakshman Seth alleging that Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was trying to make him a scapegoat for the firing in Nandigram in 2007, a Trinamool Congress leader today demanded that the former chief minister be arrested by CBI.
"We feel that CBI should arrest Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee along with Lakshman Seth and interrogate them together to bring out the truth. We will campaign on this issue in all the 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state," West Bengal Food and Supplies minister Jyotipriyo Mullick said.
CPI(M) leader Shyamal Chakraborty, however told PTI "Does the party needs to answer to all the allegations that he (Seth) is making? Even the CBI couldn`t prove any charge against Buddhadeb."
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said that the party had given Seth enough chances to rectify himself but he did not do so.
Seth, a former MP and the face of the CPI(M) in Nandigram, was expelled from the party yesterday for anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi