TMC demands Buddhadeb`s arrest
Kolkata: With expelled CPI(M) leader Lakshman Seth alleging that Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was trying to make him a scapegoat for the firing in Nandigram in 2007, a Trinamool Congress leader today demanded that the former chief minister be arrested by CBI.
"We feel that CBI should arrest Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee along with Lakshman Seth and interrogate them together to bring out the truth. We will campaign on this issue in all the 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state," West Bengal Food and Supplies minister Jyotipriyo Mullick said.
CPI(M) leader Shyamal Chakraborty, however told PTI "Does the party needs to answer to all the allegations that he (Seth) is making? Even the CBI couldn`t prove any charge against Buddhadeb."
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said that the party had given Seth enough chances to rectify himself but he did not do so.
Seth, a former MP and the face of the CPI(M) in Nandigram, was expelled from the party yesterday for anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?