TMC demands Buddhadeb`s arrest
Kolkata: With expelled CPI(M) leader Lakshman Seth alleging that Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was trying to make him a scapegoat for the firing in Nandigram in 2007, a Trinamool Congress leader today demanded that the former chief minister be arrested by CBI.
"We feel that CBI should arrest Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee along with Lakshman Seth and interrogate them together to bring out the truth. We will campaign on this issue in all the 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state," West Bengal Food and Supplies minister Jyotipriyo Mullick said.
CPI(M) leader Shyamal Chakraborty, however told PTI "Does the party needs to answer to all the allegations that he (Seth) is making? Even the CBI couldn`t prove any charge against Buddhadeb."
CPI(M) state secretary Biman Bose said that the party had given Seth enough chances to rectify himself but he did not do so.
Seth, a former MP and the face of the CPI(M) in Nandigram, was expelled from the party yesterday for anti-party activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok