TMC govt has `messed up` panchayat poll: Left Front
Kolkata: The Opposition Left Front on Thursday alleged that the West Bengal government had `messed up` the ensuing Panchayat polls and said if it was not held on time it would be the responsibility of the ruling Trinamool Congress.
Stating that it had during its regime held seven panchayat elections peacefully in the state, LF Chairman Biman Bose said "The Trinamool regime have messed up the entire thing. This was the first big election under their rule and the people are seeing the kind of things that are going on. "
Referring to the LF declaration after its defeat in the 2011 assembly election that it would play the role of constructive opposition, he said "So now if the polls are not held in time then it is state government which will be responsible for it."
Bose also claimed that there was unity more or less among all the LF partners in the districts.
"There are some small issues which will be sorted out very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news