TMC govt has `messed up` panchayat poll: Left Front
Kolkata: The Opposition Left Front on Thursday alleged that the West Bengal government had `messed up` the ensuing Panchayat polls and said if it was not held on time it would be the responsibility of the ruling Trinamool Congress.
Stating that it had during its regime held seven panchayat elections peacefully in the state, LF Chairman Biman Bose said "The Trinamool regime have messed up the entire thing. This was the first big election under their rule and the people are seeing the kind of things that are going on. "
Referring to the LF declaration after its defeat in the 2011 assembly election that it would play the role of constructive opposition, he said "So now if the polls are not held in time then it is state government which will be responsible for it."
Bose also claimed that there was unity more or less among all the LF partners in the districts.
"There are some small issues which will be sorted out very soon," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum