TMC govt in West Bengal butchering democracy: Forward Bloc
Kolkata: Accusing the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal of "butchering democracy", the Forward Bloc Saturday urged all Left parties to come together for the upcoming rural polls in the state.
"Ever since the Trinamool Congress came to power it has been intolerant to all democratic institutions. The upcoming panchayat polls are very important and it is utmost essential that we do not concede even an inch to the Trinamool," Forward Bloc general secretary Debabrata Biswas told mediapersons here.
The polls are slated to be held by mid 2013.
"If they (Trinamool) win the panchayats (polls), democracy at the grassroots level will be destroyed. For the sake of democracy all the Left parties who believe in socialist revolution must unite and come together to keep Trinamool away," said Biswas.
Describing the appointment of parliament secretaries as a big burden on the state exchequer, Biswas demanded the Mamata Banerjee government to withdraw the decision.
The West Bengal Assembly Thursday passed a bill providing for appointment of state lawmakers as Parliament secretaries with the rank and status of ministers of state.
Biswas said his party will organise workshops across the country with a view to create young leaders who will eventually carry the party forward.
"We all know that every political part needs young minds and leaders with fresh thoughts. Keeping this in mind the party will organise workshops across Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai in January from where new and young leaders will be created," added Biswas.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Bihar govt's bizarre order: No cooking, yagna between 9 am and 6 pm to avoid fire
- Inhalation therapy, a key to win big against asthma
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut