TMC govt suffering from intolerance: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Former West Bengal chief minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the Trinamool Congress-led
government was suffering from a sense of political
"They cannot tolerate political parties like the CPI-M
and that is why they are divesting powers of the CPI-M-
controlled zilla parishads to district magistrates," he told a
Bengali news channel.
He claimed that the TMC government was attacking
newspapers and TV channels which is "another instance of
Asked if he considers it to be fascism, he said he did
not think so, but felt they were trying to grab power of the
Left parties in the panchayat by unseating them.
He said the upcoming party congress at Kozhikode would
deliberate on the reasons for the party`s defeat in West
Bengal Assembly election after 34 years.
"We will analyse why we were defeated. Where the mistake
was in land acquisition for industry and in the running of the
Defending the need for industrialisation, he said the
progress cannot come on the basis of agriculture. We have to
take lessons from land acquisition at Singur and also in
dealing with the Nandigram episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened