TMC govt suffering from intolerance: Buddhadeb
Kolkata: Former West Bengal chief minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the Trinamool Congress-led
government was suffering from a sense of political
"They cannot tolerate political parties like the CPI-M
and that is why they are divesting powers of the CPI-M-
controlled zilla parishads to district magistrates," he told a
Bengali news channel.
He claimed that the TMC government was attacking
newspapers and TV channels which is "another instance of
Asked if he considers it to be fascism, he said he did
not think so, but felt they were trying to grab power of the
Left parties in the panchayat by unseating them.
He said the upcoming party congress at Kozhikode would
deliberate on the reasons for the party`s defeat in West
Bengal Assembly election after 34 years.
"We will analyse why we were defeated. Where the mistake
was in land acquisition for industry and in the running of the
Defending the need for industrialisation, he said the
progress cannot come on the basis of agriculture. We have to
take lessons from land acquisition at Singur and also in
dealing with the Nandigram episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray