TMC in competition with UPA over corruption, misrule: CPI-M
Kolkata: The CPI-M on Monday made light of the Trinamool Congress government`s claims of development and good governance in the two years of its existence, saying the ruling party was neck and neck with the UPA at the Centre on corruption and misrule.
The party`s Politburo member, Surya Kanta Mishra said, "Against the tall claims of development by the TMC government, there was no significant achievement to talk much about except corruption and misrule."
Taking a dig at the government for celebrating its two years in office, Mishra accused the regime of not being tough enough in dealing with chit fund firms operating in the state.
The state had never witnessed such magnitude of financial corruption, he observed. "From the trident light controversy to the chit fund scandal, the state has never witnessed such a volume of financial corruption," Mishra said.
The state government was lethargic in taking action against chit fund firms, he alleged.
"The state government is claiming that it has surpassed the national average in GDP and other developmental parameters, but it is nothing new. During our regime too, we had recorded higher average than the national average," he claimed.
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues
- Boredom in life triggers unhealthy snacking
- IPL 2016: Struggling Kings XI Punjab to replace David Miller with Murali Vijay as captain?
- Swamy drops another bomb, says major revelation on AgustaWestland scam will change politics by 2017