TMC leader asks partymen to file nominations, disallow others
Suri: Stoking controversy, Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal has instructed party workers at a rally to file nominations for the panchayat polls and not allow others to do so.
"Remember CPI(M) is our enemy, Congress is our enemy. From Monday you will file nominations and you will not allow others to file nominations. If you have any problem call me immediately. I`ll be with you," Mondal told a party rally at Rampurhat yesterday.
Two ministers, Nure Alam Chowdhury and Chandranath Sinha, party MP Satabdi Roy and party MLA Rampurhat Asish Banerjee were present in the meeting.
Mondal left the meeting without speaking to media, but later clarified over phone, "What I wanted to say was that in the last 34 years the CPI(M) had captured panchayats forcibly and did nothing for the people. They themselves should abstain from contesting the forthcoming elections." District Congress President Syed Siraj Jimmi said, "We will lodge a complaint with the state election commission. It is a dangerous trend in democracy."
The CPI(M) also spoke on the same lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video