TMC leader asks partymen to file nominations, disallow others
Suri: Stoking controversy, Birbhum district president of Trinamool Congress Anubrata Mondal has instructed party workers at a rally to file nominations for the panchayat polls and not allow others to do so.
"Remember CPI(M) is our enemy, Congress is our enemy. From Monday you will file nominations and you will not allow others to file nominations. If you have any problem call me immediately. I`ll be with you," Mondal told a party rally at Rampurhat yesterday.
Two ministers, Nure Alam Chowdhury and Chandranath Sinha, party MP Satabdi Roy and party MLA Rampurhat Asish Banerjee were present in the meeting.
Mondal left the meeting without speaking to media, but later clarified over phone, "What I wanted to say was that in the last 34 years the CPI(M) had captured panchayats forcibly and did nothing for the people. They themselves should abstain from contesting the forthcoming elections." District Congress President Syed Siraj Jimmi said, "We will lodge a complaint with the state election commission. It is a dangerous trend in democracy."
The CPI(M) also spoke on the same lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday