TMC leader claims party will be third largest after LS polls
New Delhi: A leader of Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress on Monday claimed it is going to emerge as the "third largest" party in next Lok Sabha polls and brushed aside questions about AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa as the Prime Ministerial candidate of non-Congress, non-BJP parties.
"Trinamool Congress will be the third largest party in the next Lok Sabha," party leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay told reporters.
He was asked about the growing clamour to project Jayalalithaa as the PM candidate of a possible Third Front government.
CPI veteran A B Badhan had said after his party tied up with AIADMK that the prospects of Jayalalithaa as PM candidate could open up "if we succeed in the election".
Jayalalithaa had intervened to say "all that will come later. Our aim is to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry."
West Bengal, ruled by TMC, has 42 Lok Sabha constituencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why