TMC leader demanded Rs 4 crore from Sudipto Sen: Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, showcaused by the party leadership for indiscipline, on Monday alleged that a TMC leader had once demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen.
Ghosh alleged, "Among the TMC leaders who are demanding my resignation there is a leader who had demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen. Sen himself had once told me this."
He threatened to come out with the name of the TMC leader if the "unnecessary harassment" of him did not stop.
Ghosh on Saturday and Sunday was summoned to the Bidhannagar Commissionerate and grilled for more than four hours in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
Ghosh today also accused a minister in West Bengal of threatening the financier of the small media organisation he is associated with.
"If I say anything, I am accused of indulging in anti-party activity. If the harassment doesn`t stop, then I will sit for a fast unto death," Ghosh said.
The TMC MP said that an inquiry might be made against him if they felt he was guilty, but asked "why should those who joined that media house should be made to suffer?"
Ghosh said he was cooperating with the police during interrogation and reiterated that an inquiry commission should be made by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read