TMC leader demanded Rs 4 crore from Sudipto Sen: Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, showcaused by the party leadership for indiscipline, on Monday alleged that a TMC leader had once demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen.
Ghosh alleged, "Among the TMC leaders who are demanding my resignation there is a leader who had demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen. Sen himself had once told me this."
He threatened to come out with the name of the TMC leader if the "unnecessary harassment" of him did not stop.
Ghosh on Saturday and Sunday was summoned to the Bidhannagar Commissionerate and grilled for more than four hours in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
Ghosh today also accused a minister in West Bengal of threatening the financier of the small media organisation he is associated with.
"If I say anything, I am accused of indulging in anti-party activity. If the harassment doesn`t stop, then I will sit for a fast unto death," Ghosh said.
The TMC MP said that an inquiry might be made against him if they felt he was guilty, but asked "why should those who joined that media house should be made to suffer?"
Ghosh said he was cooperating with the police during interrogation and reiterated that an inquiry commission should be made by the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister