TMC leader demanded Rs 4 crore from Sudipto Sen: Kunal Ghosh
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh, showcaused by the party leadership for indiscipline, on Monday alleged that a TMC leader had once demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen.
Ghosh alleged, "Among the TMC leaders who are demanding my resignation there is a leader who had demanded Rs four crore from Saradha Group chairman Sudipto Sen. Sen himself had once told me this."
He threatened to come out with the name of the TMC leader if the "unnecessary harassment" of him did not stop.
Ghosh on Saturday and Sunday was summoned to the Bidhannagar Commissionerate and grilled for more than four hours in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam.
Ghosh today also accused a minister in West Bengal of threatening the financier of the small media organisation he is associated with.
"If I say anything, I am accused of indulging in anti-party activity. If the harassment doesn`t stop, then I will sit for a fast unto death," Ghosh said.
The TMC MP said that an inquiry might be made against him if they felt he was guilty, but asked "why should those who joined that media house should be made to suffer?"
Ghosh said he was cooperating with the police during interrogation and reiterated that an inquiry commission should be made by the party.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief