TMC leader`s son dies of injuries sustained in bomb explosion
Kolkata: The son of a Trinamool Congress leader on Saturday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained in an explosion on Monday while allegedly making bombs in Garden Reach area here.
Avijit Sil, the son of TMC leader Ranjit Sil, was injured in an explosion while allegedly making crude bombs, a night before violence erupted at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, in which a police officer was killed, Deputy Commissioner (Port) V Solomon told a news agency.
"Avijit died this evening. He was injured on Monday night during an explosion while making bombs," Soloman said.
The Special Branch sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed on Tuesday when violence erupted in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!