TMC leader`s son dies of injuries sustained in bomb explosion
Kolkata: The son of a Trinamool Congress leader on Saturday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained in an explosion on Monday while allegedly making bombs in Garden Reach area here.
Avijit Sil, the son of TMC leader Ranjit Sil, was injured in an explosion while allegedly making crude bombs, a night before violence erupted at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, in which a police officer was killed, Deputy Commissioner (Port) V Solomon told a news agency.
"Avijit died this evening. He was injured on Monday night during an explosion while making bombs," Soloman said.
The Special Branch sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed on Tuesday when violence erupted in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'