TMC leader`s son dies of injuries sustained in bomb explosion
Kolkata: The son of a Trinamool Congress leader on Saturday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained in an explosion on Monday while allegedly making bombs in Garden Reach area here.
Avijit Sil, the son of TMC leader Ranjit Sil, was injured in an explosion while allegedly making crude bombs, a night before violence erupted at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, in which a police officer was killed, Deputy Commissioner (Port) V Solomon told a news agency.
"Avijit died this evening. He was injured on Monday night during an explosion while making bombs," Soloman said.
The Special Branch sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed on Tuesday when violence erupted in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!