TMC leader`s son dies of injuries sustained in bomb explosion
Kolkata: The son of a Trinamool Congress leader on Saturday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained in an explosion on Monday while allegedly making bombs in Garden Reach area here.
Avijit Sil, the son of TMC leader Ranjit Sil, was injured in an explosion while allegedly making crude bombs, a night before violence erupted at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, in which a police officer was killed, Deputy Commissioner (Port) V Solomon told a news agency.
"Avijit died this evening. He was injured on Monday night during an explosion while making bombs," Soloman said.
The Special Branch sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed on Tuesday when violence erupted in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra