TMC leader`s son dies of injuries sustained in bomb explosion
Kolkata: The son of a Trinamool Congress leader on Saturday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained in an explosion on Monday while allegedly making bombs in Garden Reach area here.
Avijit Sil, the son of TMC leader Ranjit Sil, was injured in an explosion while allegedly making crude bombs, a night before violence erupted at the Hari Mohan Ghosh College, in which a police officer was killed, Deputy Commissioner (Port) V Solomon told a news agency.
"Avijit died this evening. He was injured on Monday night during an explosion while making bombs," Soloman said.
The Special Branch sub-inspector Tapas Chowdhury was killed on Tuesday when violence erupted in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days