‘TMC leading Bengal into financial mess’
Kolkata: The West Bengal government was
leading the state into a financial mess by taking loans three
times than those taken by the previous Left Front government,
former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said.
"The loans the present government have taken are three
times what we had taken. The financial position of the
government is not at all good," Bhattacharjee said during the
46th foundation day of CPI-M mouthpiece Ganashakti here.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had often charged the Left
Front government with leading the state to a bankruptcy with a
loan burden of around Rs 2 lakh crore.
Bhattacharjee, during whose rule Mamata Banerjee had
staged the Singur and Nandigram movements to storm to power,
said, "The poor landless labourers who had got land rights
from our government are now seeing their land snatched by the
Industrialists from outside were realising that the new
government had no industrial policy, he said.
He also criticised the government for hiking salaries of
ministers, saying it had not been done during their rule with
the welfare of poor people in mind.
"It is unacceptable that the salaries of ministers are
raised from Rs 7,000 to Rs 27,000 per month when thousands of
transport department retirees are not getting pension,"
Left Front chairman and CPI-M state secretary Biman Bose
alleged that the present government in its 225 days of
governance was leading the state to anarchy, and claimed that
his party was playing the role of a responsible Opposition.
"The government has no policy on any matter from
industrialisation to education and it seems their policy is to
be policyless," he quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video