TMC man killed, another injured in attack in WB
Baharampur (WB): One Trinamool Congress supporter was killed and another injured in an attack at Jalangi in Murshidabad district on Wednesday.
Police said Badal Seikh died on the spot after being attacked with bomb and sharp weapon at Palaspur locality in the district.
Badal`s companion Imtiaz Seikh was injured and admitted to hospital.
The Trinamool blamed Congress-sheltered goons for the attack but the Congress denied the charge attributing it to squabbles.
Dispute over who should control lease of a ferry ghat in the locality was stated to be the reason behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam