TMC MLA alleges police attack on his car, vows legal action
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA Arjun Singh on Wednesday alleged that his car was attacked by police when he was passing by the Baranagar Police Station area this evening.
Police, however, denied any such incident.
"When I was returning home, a group of 30-40 policemen attacked my vehicle in front of the Baranagar Police Station with lathis... I was left surprised as to why a ruling party MLA was attacked by the police.. They left after public chased them," Singh told a news agency.
"I am going to take legal action against the police and lodge an official complaint with the Barrackpore CP tomorrow (Thursday)," Singh said.
DC, DD Barrackpore Police Commissionerate C Sudhakar, however, denied the incident saying police were only doing their routine checking.
"We were conducting a routine check-up of vehicles and we did not know the MLA was inside the car.. After seeing him, we said sorry and left," Sudhakar said rubbishing Singh`s claim of police attacking his vehicle.
"Nothing of that sort happened. Only his respect might have been hurt but we apologised," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report