TMC MLA alleges police attack on his car, vows legal action
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MLA Arjun Singh on Wednesday alleged that his car was attacked by police when he was passing by the Baranagar Police Station area this evening.
Police, however, denied any such incident.
"When I was returning home, a group of 30-40 policemen attacked my vehicle in front of the Baranagar Police Station with lathis... I was left surprised as to why a ruling party MLA was attacked by the police.. They left after public chased them," Singh told a news agency.
"I am going to take legal action against the police and lodge an official complaint with the Barrackpore CP tomorrow (Thursday)," Singh said.
DC, DD Barrackpore Police Commissionerate C Sudhakar, however, denied the incident saying police were only doing their routine checking.
"We were conducting a routine check-up of vehicles and we did not know the MLA was inside the car.. After seeing him, we said sorry and left," Sudhakar said rubbishing Singh`s claim of police attacking his vehicle.
"Nothing of that sort happened. Only his respect might have been hurt but we apologised," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday