TMC MP Kabir Suman kicks off another controversy
Kolkata: Maverick Trinamool Congress MP
Kabir Suman has stoked yet another controversy by composing a
song criticising the police firing at Mograhat village in
South 24 Parganas district which left two women dead on
Suman uploaded the song `Kabir Jethur Gaan` (Song of
uncle Kabir) on his website, where he sang for the two victims
Rejina Khatun and Sayeda Bibi.
"Rejina Khatun Mograhater kothai tomar bari/ policer
guli tomai niye ajanai dilo pari (Rejina Khatum of Mograhat,
where is your home? You have gone to never never land after
being hit by a police bullet).
"Rejina, were you Trinamool or CPI-M supporter...
let`s run away from this country/ You are going, leaving
behind old Kabir uncle/ After deaths of how many Rejinas will
we get to see democracy? Your radical uncle only knows how to
compose songs," the song runs.
The police fired on villagers after they resisted a
drive against illegal hooking of power connections. The state
government has ordered a judicial inquiry into the firing.
Chief minister Mamata Banerjee had also criticised the
police and power department officials.
The officer-in-charge of the Mograhat police station
and a number of policemen had been relieved of duty following
Earlier, the singer MP had uploaded a song titled
`Hero` apparently eulogising slain Maoist leader Kishenji.
He had also composed a song on the surrender of Maoist
woman leader Jagari Baskey before the chief minister.
Suman has been courting controversy for criticising
his own party leaders and the joint force operations in
Suman was elected to the Lok Sabha from Jadavpore
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore