TMC MP mocks at Deepa Dasmunshi for applying make-up
Kolkata: In yet another instance of a Trinamool Congress leader making provocative comments, party MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar on Sunday compared Union minister of state Deepa Dasmunsi to a painted dancer, saying none can become a leader by just applying make-up.
"By dancing and applying make-up, you can`t become a leader. She can never become a leader by applying make up," Ghosh Dastidar said in an obvious reference to Dasmunshi and challenged her to bring down TMC`s MP tally from 19 to 1 in the next General elections as the Union minister had vowed to do so on some occasions in the past.
"I want to say her, forget about fighting Mamata Banerjee. I challenge you to come to my Lok Sabha constituency and defeat me in the next General elections," Ghosh Dastidar said.
Dasmunsi refused to make any comment on Ghosh Dastidar`s remarks.
"I don`t want to comment on such provocative and cheap comments. Such kind of comments are against the tradition of Bengal and is against the tradition of the Congress," said Dasmunsi.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said, Dasmunsi was been targetted by the Trinamool MPs as she was fighting against the misrule of the Trinamool in the state.
In the recent past, TMC minister Jyotipriya Mullick had called for treating CPI-M cadres like snakes and the way snakes are treated when they sneak into a room.
"What will you do to a snake if it sneaks in your room? Similar treatment should be meted out to the CPI-M," Mullick, state food minister, had told a party meeting in Birati in North 24-Parganas district.
Mullick`s comment was a repeat of the remark made by Trinamool MP Subhendu Adhikary last month in Khejuri in East Midnapore district where he asked party workers to socially boycott CPI-M leaders and treat them like snakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video