TMC MP mocks at Deepa Dasmunshi for applying make-up
Kolkata: In yet another instance of a Trinamool Congress leader making provocative comments, party MP Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar on Sunday compared Union minister of state Deepa Dasmunsi to a painted dancer, saying none can become a leader by just applying make-up.
"By dancing and applying make-up, you can`t become a leader. She can never become a leader by applying make up," Ghosh Dastidar said in an obvious reference to Dasmunshi and challenged her to bring down TMC`s MP tally from 19 to 1 in the next General elections as the Union minister had vowed to do so on some occasions in the past.
"I want to say her, forget about fighting Mamata Banerjee. I challenge you to come to my Lok Sabha constituency and defeat me in the next General elections," Ghosh Dastidar said.
Dasmunsi refused to make any comment on Ghosh Dastidar`s remarks.
"I don`t want to comment on such provocative and cheap comments. Such kind of comments are against the tradition of Bengal and is against the tradition of the Congress," said Dasmunsi.
State Congress chief Pradip Bhattacharya said, Dasmunsi was been targetted by the Trinamool MPs as she was fighting against the misrule of the Trinamool in the state.
In the recent past, TMC minister Jyotipriya Mullick had called for treating CPI-M cadres like snakes and the way snakes are treated when they sneak into a room.
"What will you do to a snake if it sneaks in your room? Similar treatment should be meted out to the CPI-M," Mullick, state food minister, had told a party meeting in Birati in North 24-Parganas district.
Mullick`s comment was a repeat of the remark made by Trinamool MP Subhendu Adhikary last month in Khejuri in East Midnapore district where he asked party workers to socially boycott CPI-M leaders and treat them like snakes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow