TMC MP Saugata Roy resigns as Mamata`s adviser
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress MP Saugata Roy has resigned as adviser to the West Bengal Government`s Commerce, Industries and IT Ministry over alleged differences with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"Yes, Saugata Roy has resigned from the post of adviser to the state government`s commerce, industries and IT department," a senior TMC leader said on condition of anonymity.
Roy who was in Delhi could not be contacted.
His resignation came days after he questioned the possibility of setting up large industries in the state.
Roy had said that the possibility of setting up large industries in the state was very bleak and the future of the state depended on small and medium-scale industries.
Roy`s comment was interpreted in political circles as criticism of Mamata Banerjee`s land policy, which advocated that the state government would have no role to play in land acquisition for industries in the state.
Roy`s comments had previously drawn sharp reaction from industries minister Partha Chatterjee who said that the problem was not land, but lack of infrastructure.
Earlier, Roy had openly slammed the TMC`s student wing for allegedly attacking teachers and principals of schools and colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery