TMC MPs not to take oath on May 25, 26
Kolkata: Swearing-in of the newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs on May 25 and 26 has been deferred as per the directive of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Party sources here said the TMC MPs are likely to take their oath in early June.
Banerjee had earlier stated that party MPs would leave for Delhi on May 24 and take oath on May 25 and 26.
Deferment of the oath taking of TMC MPs has fuelled speculation about the party`s participation in the swearing-in of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
TMC leadership is tightlipped as to whether the party would attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony.
There had been war of words between Mamata Banerjee and Narendra Modi during the election campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US