TMC MPs not to take oath on May 25, 26
Kolkata: Swearing-in of the newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs on May 25 and 26 has been deferred as per the directive of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Party sources here said the TMC MPs are likely to take their oath in early June.
Banerjee had earlier stated that party MPs would leave for Delhi on May 24 and take oath on May 25 and 26.
Deferment of the oath taking of TMC MPs has fuelled speculation about the party`s participation in the swearing-in of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
TMC leadership is tightlipped as to whether the party would attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony.
There had been war of words between Mamata Banerjee and Narendra Modi during the election campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country