TMC MPs not to take oath on May 25, 26
Kolkata: Swearing-in of the newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs on May 25 and 26 has been deferred as per the directive of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Party sources here said the TMC MPs are likely to take their oath in early June.
Banerjee had earlier stated that party MPs would leave for Delhi on May 24 and take oath on May 25 and 26.
Deferment of the oath taking of TMC MPs has fuelled speculation about the party`s participation in the swearing-in of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
TMC leadership is tightlipped as to whether the party would attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony.
There had been war of words between Mamata Banerjee and Narendra Modi during the election campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth