TMC MPs not to take oath on May 25, 26
Kolkata: Swearing-in of the newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs on May 25 and 26 has been deferred as per the directive of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Party sources here said the TMC MPs are likely to take their oath in early June.
Banerjee had earlier stated that party MPs would leave for Delhi on May 24 and take oath on May 25 and 26.
Deferment of the oath taking of TMC MPs has fuelled speculation about the party`s participation in the swearing-in of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
TMC leadership is tightlipped as to whether the party would attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony.
There had been war of words between Mamata Banerjee and Narendra Modi during the election campaign.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!