TMC MPs not to take oath on May 25, 26
Kolkata: Swearing-in of the newly-elected Trinamool Congress MPs on May 25 and 26 has been deferred as per the directive of party supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Party sources here said the TMC MPs are likely to take their oath in early June.
Banerjee had earlier stated that party MPs would leave for Delhi on May 24 and take oath on May 25 and 26.
Deferment of the oath taking of TMC MPs has fuelled speculation about the party`s participation in the swearing-in of Narendra Modi as Prime Minister on May 26.
TMC leadership is tightlipped as to whether the party would attend Modi`s swearing-in ceremony.
There had been war of words between Mamata Banerjee and Narendra Modi during the election campaign.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh