TMC Parliamentary team`s report to Mamata after visiting MP
Kolkata: A five-member Trinamool Congress Parliamentary delegation which went to Madhya Pradesh on a fact finding mission on the gang rape of a tribal woman, on Friday submitted a report to party chief Mamata Banerjee.
Sukhendu Sekhar Roy, a Rajya Sabha MP who headed the delegation said that they would later place their views in Parliament and urge the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes to intervene in the issue.
Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister sent the TMC team as a tit-for-tat response to the BJP sending two teams to the state.
A BJP delegation had visited Ilambazar in Birbhum district on June 15 where a BJP worker Rahim Sheikh was killed allegedly by alleged TMC men on June 7.
Earlier, another BJP team had visited Sandeshkhali in North 24 Parganas district where a number of party workers were injured in an attack allegedly by TMC supporters.
BJP national spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh had claimed on June 16 that the TMC`s decision to send a team to Madhya Pradesh showed Mamata Banerjee`s nervousness about the rise of the BJP in Bengal and she should take steps to improve law and order in her state.
The delegation comprising Rajya Sabha members SS Roy and Nadimul Haque, and Lok Sabha members Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Arpita Ghosh and Uma Soren went to Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh, where a 30-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and paraded naked on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested