TMC supporters clash in Birbhum, 8 persons arrested
Suri: Two groups of Trinamool Congress supporters have clashed in Birbhum district during which a police outpost was allegedly ransacked and a police vehicle damaged, police said.
The clash, that took place yesterday, followed from a dispute over fishing in a pond and the police were targetted by the villagers when they went to intervene, the police said.
While the police outpost was under Khayrasole police station, the police van was damaged at Lokpur village, the police said.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police, Alok Rajouria said, "A group of people broke into the outpost and ransacked the office. Stones were thrown on the wind-screen of a police van," the SP said.
Eight people were arrested in this connection since last night, he said.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Biswajit Ghosh said trouble erupted over a trivial incident and efforts were on to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?