TMC supporters clash in Birbhum, 8 persons arrested
Suri: Two groups of Trinamool Congress supporters have clashed in Birbhum district during which a police outpost was allegedly ransacked and a police vehicle damaged, police said.
The clash, that took place yesterday, followed from a dispute over fishing in a pond and the police were targetted by the villagers when they went to intervene, the police said.
While the police outpost was under Khayrasole police station, the police van was damaged at Lokpur village, the police said.
Birbhum Superintendent of Police, Alok Rajouria said, "A group of people broke into the outpost and ransacked the office. Stones were thrown on the wind-screen of a police van," the SP said.
Eight people were arrested in this connection since last night, he said.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Biswajit Ghosh said trouble erupted over a trivial incident and efforts were on to maintain peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you