TMC supporter`s house set ablaze in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: In a case of arson, a Trinamool supporter`s house was set ablaze allegedly by the GJM at Glenburn Tea Estate here, police sources said Tuesday.
Police have initiated a search programme for the 29 GJM supporters named by TMC supporter Rajik Sundas in his FIR for torching his house on Saturday under Rangli-Rangliot Police Station, they said.
Meanwhile, yesterday the Chief Judicial Magistrate turned down the bail plea of jailed GTA chief Benoy Tamang.
The GTA chief has threatened to go on a hunger-strike from October 30 in demand of the release of all jailed GJM and GTA activists.
"Though I don`t have the authorities` permission I will start an indefinite hunger-strike at the Correctional Home from October 30 in demand of the release of all arrested GJM and GTA members," Tamang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra