TMC supporter`s house set ablaze in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: In a case of arson, a Trinamool supporter`s house was set ablaze allegedly by the GJM at Glenburn Tea Estate here, police sources said Tuesday.
Police have initiated a search programme for the 29 GJM supporters named by TMC supporter Rajik Sundas in his FIR for torching his house on Saturday under Rangli-Rangliot Police Station, they said.
Meanwhile, yesterday the Chief Judicial Magistrate turned down the bail plea of jailed GTA chief Benoy Tamang.
The GTA chief has threatened to go on a hunger-strike from October 30 in demand of the release of all jailed GJM and GTA activists.
"Though I don`t have the authorities` permission I will start an indefinite hunger-strike at the Correctional Home from October 30 in demand of the release of all arrested GJM and GTA members," Tamang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez