TMC supporter`s house set ablaze in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: In a case of arson, a Trinamool supporter`s house was set ablaze allegedly by the GJM at Glenburn Tea Estate here, police sources said Tuesday.
Police have initiated a search programme for the 29 GJM supporters named by TMC supporter Rajik Sundas in his FIR for torching his house on Saturday under Rangli-Rangliot Police Station, they said.
Meanwhile, yesterday the Chief Judicial Magistrate turned down the bail plea of jailed GTA chief Benoy Tamang.
The GTA chief has threatened to go on a hunger-strike from October 30 in demand of the release of all jailed GJM and GTA activists.
"Though I don`t have the authorities` permission I will start an indefinite hunger-strike at the Correctional Home from October 30 in demand of the release of all arrested GJM and GTA members," Tamang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29