TMC supporter`s house set ablaze in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: In a case of arson, a Trinamool supporter`s house was set ablaze allegedly by the GJM at Glenburn Tea Estate here, police sources said Tuesday.
Police have initiated a search programme for the 29 GJM supporters named by TMC supporter Rajik Sundas in his FIR for torching his house on Saturday under Rangli-Rangliot Police Station, they said.
Meanwhile, yesterday the Chief Judicial Magistrate turned down the bail plea of jailed GTA chief Benoy Tamang.
The GTA chief has threatened to go on a hunger-strike from October 30 in demand of the release of all jailed GJM and GTA activists.
"Though I don`t have the authorities` permission I will start an indefinite hunger-strike at the Correctional Home from October 30 in demand of the release of all arrested GJM and GTA members," Tamang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!