TMC to observe "Black Day" across West Bengal today
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: The ruling Trinamool Congress will on Tuesday observe a "Black Day" across the state in protest of the killings of its four activists on Saturday.
The TMC has charged the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Communist Party of India (Marxist) with conspiracy and accused former state minister and Marxist leader Kanti Ganguly of being involved in the killings.
Ganguly, along with 21 others, has been named in the first information report for the incident that happened in Khari village in South 24 Parganas district on Saturday night when some miscreants hurled bombs and opened fire at Trinamool activists, killing four of them and injuring three others.
A Trinamool delegation led by general secretary Mukul Roy and senior leader Partha Chatterjee on Sunday visited Khari village and talked to locals.
"Locals have told us that hours before the attack Kanti Ganguly visited the place. They have alleged his connivance in the attack. We have instructed the administration to bring this fact under the purview of their investigation and hand over exemplary punishment to the perpetrators," Chatterjee had said after the visit.
Reacting to the incident, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had accused the BJP of conspiring with the CPI-M to create unrest in Bengal.
"There is a conspiracy by the BJP and the CPI-M to discredit our government by creating communal tension and incite violence. We will not tolerate this we will take strong action," said Banerjee.
Rubbishing the allegations, Ganguly had attributed the killings to Trinamool`s internal feud.
The BJP too had refuted the charges.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city