TMC veteran says Mamata surrounded by opportunists
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress veteran leader Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay, who was assaulted recently in a factional clash and demanded punishment, Sunday alleged Mamata Banerjee was surrounded by `opportunists` many of whom had infiltrated into the party from other parties to gain material advantages.
She is surrounded by opportunists. Those who have infiltrated into TMC from other parties with an eye for loaves and fishes were gaining. The new-comers in the party are engaged in syndicates (supply of construction materials)," Chattopadhyay, chief whip of the TMC legislature party and trade union leader, told a meeting of his supporters.
" Chattopadhya`s fresh salvo came on a day when TMC MP from Howrah district Ambika Banerjee shared a platform with new MoS for Railways Adhir Chowdhury, a bete noire of Mamata Banerjee, and showered praise on him, describing him as a "dynamic person".
Chattopadhya said Mamata Banerjee had herself spoken out against the practice of paying and accepting "cut money", sending a stern message for probity in party affairs.
"She has identified the malaise and its medicine," Chattaopadhyay said.
He said the party could take appropriate decision against him, if it felt like it, but, however, added, "I was with Mamata Banerjee all through and will remain if he gets the respect".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference