TMC veteran says Mamata surrounded by opportunists
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress veteran leader Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay, who was assaulted recently in a factional clash and demanded punishment, Sunday alleged Mamata Banerjee was surrounded by `opportunists` many of whom had infiltrated into the party from other parties to gain material advantages.
She is surrounded by opportunists. Those who have infiltrated into TMC from other parties with an eye for loaves and fishes were gaining. The new-comers in the party are engaged in syndicates (supply of construction materials)," Chattopadhyay, chief whip of the TMC legislature party and trade union leader, told a meeting of his supporters.
" Chattopadhya`s fresh salvo came on a day when TMC MP from Howrah district Ambika Banerjee shared a platform with new MoS for Railways Adhir Chowdhury, a bete noire of Mamata Banerjee, and showered praise on him, describing him as a "dynamic person".
Chattopadhya said Mamata Banerjee had herself spoken out against the practice of paying and accepting "cut money", sending a stern message for probity in party affairs.
"She has identified the malaise and its medicine," Chattaopadhyay said.
He said the party could take appropriate decision against him, if it felt like it, but, however, added, "I was with Mamata Banerjee all through and will remain if he gets the respect".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’