TMC vows to intensify agitation over Delhi incident
Kolkata: Keeping up the heat on the CPI(M) over the recent mobbing of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance minister Amit Mitra by the SFI workers in Delhi, the Trinamool Congress on vowed to intensify its agitation if the Delhi Police did not arrest the perpetrators.
"It was a pre-planned conspiracy to kill the two leaders. We cannot allow the incident to go unpunished. Mamata Banerjee has been made a target since the CPI(M) has lost public support," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told a rally of the party`s student`s wing here to protest against the incident.
Asking party workers not to fall prey to CPI(M)`s provocations, Chatterjee alleged that the party was trying to disturb peace when the chief minister was trying to bring development after 34 years of Left Front rule which left the state ruined.
Chatterjee was echoed by Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim.
"The CPI(M) is trying to stall development in the state, that is why they are doing this," Hakim said.
Governor MK Narayanan has recently said that the incident was serious enough to warrant a public apology by the CPI(M).
SFI General Secretary Ritabrata Bhattacharjee has also apologised for the incident, but claimed that his organisation was not involved.
Meanwhile, the Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has said that an inquiry has been instituted by the Centre into the April 9 incident.
The CPI(M) politburo has condemned the incident as also the state CPI(M) leaders like former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Left Front chairman Biman Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway