TMC vows to intensify agitation over Delhi incident
Kolkata: Keeping up the heat on the CPI(M) over the recent mobbing of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance minister Amit Mitra by the SFI workers in Delhi, the Trinamool Congress on vowed to intensify its agitation if the Delhi Police did not arrest the perpetrators.
"It was a pre-planned conspiracy to kill the two leaders. We cannot allow the incident to go unpunished. Mamata Banerjee has been made a target since the CPI(M) has lost public support," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told a rally of the party`s student`s wing here to protest against the incident.
Asking party workers not to fall prey to CPI(M)`s provocations, Chatterjee alleged that the party was trying to disturb peace when the chief minister was trying to bring development after 34 years of Left Front rule which left the state ruined.
Chatterjee was echoed by Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim.
"The CPI(M) is trying to stall development in the state, that is why they are doing this," Hakim said.
Governor MK Narayanan has recently said that the incident was serious enough to warrant a public apology by the CPI(M).
SFI General Secretary Ritabrata Bhattacharjee has also apologised for the incident, but claimed that his organisation was not involved.
Meanwhile, the Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has said that an inquiry has been instituted by the Centre into the April 9 incident.
The CPI(M) politburo has condemned the incident as also the state CPI(M) leaders like former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Left Front chairman Biman Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video