TMC vows to intensify agitation over Delhi incident
Kolkata: Keeping up the heat on the CPI(M) over the recent mobbing of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Finance minister Amit Mitra by the SFI workers in Delhi, the Trinamool Congress on vowed to intensify its agitation if the Delhi Police did not arrest the perpetrators.
"It was a pre-planned conspiracy to kill the two leaders. We cannot allow the incident to go unpunished. Mamata Banerjee has been made a target since the CPI(M) has lost public support," Trinamool Congress secretary-general Partha Chatterjee told a rally of the party`s student`s wing here to protest against the incident.
Asking party workers not to fall prey to CPI(M)`s provocations, Chatterjee alleged that the party was trying to disturb peace when the chief minister was trying to bring development after 34 years of Left Front rule which left the state ruined.
Chatterjee was echoed by Urban Development minister Firhad Hakim.
"The CPI(M) is trying to stall development in the state, that is why they are doing this," Hakim said.
Governor MK Narayanan has recently said that the incident was serious enough to warrant a public apology by the CPI(M).
SFI General Secretary Ritabrata Bhattacharjee has also apologised for the incident, but claimed that his organisation was not involved.
Meanwhile, the Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has said that an inquiry has been instituted by the Centre into the April 9 incident.
The CPI(M) politburo has condemned the incident as also the state CPI(M) leaders like former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and Left Front chairman Biman Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!