TMC worker killed in Nadia
Kalyani (WB): A Trinamool Congress worker was called out of his house and shot dead at Kadaghata under Chakdaha Police Station in Nadia district on Saturday, police sources said.
The assailants fired twice at TMC worker, Praladh Roy, with one of the bullets hitting him, the sources said.
He was rushed to Chakdaha State General Hospital and was declared brought dead, they said.
The police arrested two persons, ASP, Nadia, Arindam Dutta Chowdhury said.
CPIM District Secretary Sumit De claimed that the arrested persons Amit Chakraborty and Hari Narayan Moitra were TMC workers.
Chakdaha CPIM leader Amal Bhowmick alleged that the killing was the result of internal conflict within the TMC.
According to him, Praladh had protested unsocial activities in the TMC.
Local Trinamool Congress MLA Naresh Chaki counter claimed that the arrested persons were CPIM workers.
Trinamool Congress General Secretary Mukul Roy also blamed the CPIM for the killing.
Denying that the killing was a result of internal rift in the party, Roy said "He was very popular and it was decided that Praladh would contest the panchayet election from Silinda 2. The CPIM was sure to be defeated. Therefore they killed him."
Roy handed over Rs 25,000 to the victim`s wife after visiting the TMC worker`s home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery