TMC`s decision 3 days ahead of Prez poll: Mamata
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Monday said that the final decision on her party`s stand on Presidential election would be taken three days before the polling date on July 19.
She has asked all her party MPs, MLAs to be present in Kolkata for the Presidential election on July 19.
``Mamata said that the final decision on the party stand will be taken three days before the polling date``, Trinamool Congress leaders Sudip Bandopadhyay and Sultan Ahmed (both unions ministers of state), said after a meeting of party MPs, MLAs and councillors, presided over by Mamata Banerjee.
``She has asked all TMC MPs and MLAs to be present in Kolkata on the polling date on July 19``, they said.
Asked if the Trinamool Congress will participate in the presidential election, they said ``May be. But the decision will only be taken three days before the election``.
Mamata Banerjee told the meeting that Trinamool Congress ``is a 100 per cent disciplined party and what one or two say, does not matter``.
Incidentally, party MP Somen Mitra as also his wife Sikha Mitra, TMC MLA, were not present at the meeting.
Sikha Mitra stoked controversy yesterday by openly criticising party leadership at a BC Roy birth anniversary programme at the Pradesh Congress office, where Somen Mitra was present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’