Train engine catches fire in WB, passengers safe
Hooghly: The engine of a Howrah-bound
train on Monday caught fire as it entered Adishaptagram station in
West Bengal`s Hooghly district but no harm was caused to
"The Malda-Howrah Intercity Express developed technical
problems when it reached Mogra station and flames were seen
coming out from the engine on its arrival at Adishaptagram
station at about 12.25 pm," Eastern Railway CPRO, Samir
The fire was put out immediately by fire brigade and
railway staff, he said, adding that all the passengers were
Another engine took the train to Howrah station, while
the damaged one was towed away, Goswami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends