Train services affected after overhead wire snaps
Kolkata: Train services on the Howrah-
Kharagpur section of the South Eastern Railway was affected
after the overhead traction wire snapped between Haur and
Radhamohanpur Halt stations this morning.
SER sources said the wires snapped when the Up
Howrah-Puri Dhauli Express was passing between the two
stations at 7.30 am. The train was later towed to Kharagpur
with a diesel engine.
The Howrah-Borbil Janshatabdi Express, which was running
behind the Dhauli Express, was also stopped and towed to
Kharagpur with a diesel engine, they said.
The reason for the snapping of the wire was not
immediately clear, the sources said.
As a result, eight long-distance trains, including the
Howrah-Mumbai Duronto Express, Howrah-Titlagarh Ispat Express,
the Howrah-Secundrabad Falaknama Express, Shalimar- Santaldih
Aranyak Express and the Shalimar-Bankura Rajya Rani Express,
were stopped at various stations.
While seven EMU locals have been cancelled, five were
short-terminated, the sources said.
While traffic was being maintained in the Down line, the
Up line was expected to be restored by this afternoon.
Rail traffic in the SER`s Kharagpur-Bhubaneswar line
remained affected for several hours yesterday after a truck
hit a level crossing pole and snapped the overhead traction at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note