Train services affected on Howrah-Dhanbad route
Burdwan: Electric poles fell on tracks between Khana junction and and Talit railway station in Burdwan district on Tuesday affecting trains services on Howrah-Dhanbad route, Railway sources said.
“Electric poles and overhead electric wires fell on the tracks at around 2 am which affected train services on Howrah-Dhanbad route," the sources said.
Many trains - Howrah-Dhanbad Coalfield Express, Asansol-Howrah Intercity Express, Asansol-Sealdah Intercity Express, Sealdah-Rampurhat Express have been cancelled, they said.
Many trains on the route are being diverted through the loop line, sources said adding that railway engineers have reached the spot and working to restore train services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?