Train services affected on Howrah-Dhanbad route
Burdwan: Electric poles fell on tracks between Khana junction and and Talit railway station in Burdwan district on Tuesday affecting trains services on Howrah-Dhanbad route, Railway sources said.
“Electric poles and overhead electric wires fell on the tracks at around 2 am which affected train services on Howrah-Dhanbad route," the sources said.
Many trains - Howrah-Dhanbad Coalfield Express, Asansol-Howrah Intercity Express, Asansol-Sealdah Intercity Express, Sealdah-Rampurhat Express have been cancelled, they said.
Many trains on the route are being diverted through the loop line, sources said adding that railway engineers have reached the spot and working to restore train services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'