Train services disrupted by Foward Bloc`s youth wing
Kolkata: Train services in several parts
of the state were disrupted since around 11.00 am on Monday by
members of Foward Juva League, the youth arm of Forward Bloc,
to protest rise in the price of essential commodities.
"Train services in Howrah and Sealdah sections were
disrupted due to blockade by Foward Juva League," Eastern
Railway CPRO Samir Goswami said.
Howarh-bound Rajdhani Express also remained stranded
since 10.00 am. Some of the stations that were blocked include
Sainthia, Sheoraphuli, Medinipur, Nalhati, Azimgunj and
Burdwan, he said.
The stations in Sealdah section which were affected
include Barasat, Murshidabad, Narendrapur, Dum Dum, Habra and
Narendrapur, Goswami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'