Train services disrupted by Foward Bloc`s youth wing
Kolkata: Train services in several parts
of the state were disrupted since around 11.00 am on Monday by
members of Foward Juva League, the youth arm of Forward Bloc,
to protest rise in the price of essential commodities.
"Train services in Howrah and Sealdah sections were
disrupted due to blockade by Foward Juva League," Eastern
Railway CPRO Samir Goswami said.
Howarh-bound Rajdhani Express also remained stranded
since 10.00 am. Some of the stations that were blocked include
Sainthia, Sheoraphuli, Medinipur, Nalhati, Azimgunj and
Burdwan, he said.
The stations in Sealdah section which were affected
include Barasat, Murshidabad, Narendrapur, Dum Dum, Habra and
Narendrapur, Goswami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery