Train services restored after accident at Sainthia
Sainthia: Train services on the Khana-Rampurhat section of the Howrah division in Birbhum district, where a high speed express collided with another, were restored Tuesday.
A goods train was run at around 3:00 pm yesterday after the tracks were cleared of the three wrecked coaches of the Vananchal Express were removed, the Eastern Railway
sources said today.
At present train services on both the up and down lines through the Khana-Rampurhat section of the Howrah division of the Eastern Railway were normal, they said.
Yesterday`s train accident occurred when the Uttar Banga Express, running at a high speed after apparently over-shooting a signal hit the rear of the Vananchal Express as it was just beginning to pull out of the Sainthia station at around 2:00 am. 63 passengers were killed in the accident.
This was the second major railway accident in West Bengal after the May 28 Jnaneswari Express disaster in West Midnapore district which had left 148 passengers dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31