Trains resume on Kharagpur-Tatanagar section; no explosion
Kolkata: No explosion took place on the track between Gidni and Jhargram stations where a guard of a goods train heard an explosion-like sound early Tuesday leading to brief disruption of services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar section, railway sources said.
The guard of a goods train had told the Railway Control Room that he had heard an "explosion-like sound" when the train was between Gidni and Jhargram stations following which the railways suspended services on the Khargapur-Tatanagar section, the sources said.
An RPF party along with bomb squad personnel travelled to the spot to ascertain whether any explosion had occurred but found no such thing, the sources said.
After the clearance, the train services resumed on the section after two-and-half hours, they said.
Meanwhile, the Railways have further extended suspension of night services till June 26 in the Kharagpur division keeping in mind the prevailing situation in the area.
The suspension came in force after the Jnaneshwari train derailment near Jhargram on May 28 which claimed 148 lives.
"The suspension, which was to end today, has been extended till June 26. During the period, trains between Kharagpur and Tatanagar and Kharagpur and Adra will not operate between 10 pm and 5 am," a railway official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM