Trains resume on Kharagpur-Tatanagar section; no explosion
Kolkata: No explosion took place on the track between Gidni and Jhargram stations where a guard of a goods train heard an explosion-like sound early Tuesday leading to brief disruption of services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar section, railway sources said.
The guard of a goods train had told the Railway Control Room that he had heard an "explosion-like sound" when the train was between Gidni and Jhargram stations following which the railways suspended services on the Khargapur-Tatanagar section, the sources said.
An RPF party along with bomb squad personnel travelled to the spot to ascertain whether any explosion had occurred but found no such thing, the sources said.
After the clearance, the train services resumed on the section after two-and-half hours, they said.
Meanwhile, the Railways have further extended suspension of night services till June 26 in the Kharagpur division keeping in mind the prevailing situation in the area.
The suspension came in force after the Jnaneshwari train derailment near Jhargram on May 28 which claimed 148 lives.
"The suspension, which was to end today, has been extended till June 26. During the period, trains between Kharagpur and Tatanagar and Kharagpur and Adra will not operate between 10 pm and 5 am," a railway official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das