Trains resume on Kharagpur-Tatanagar section; no explosion
Kolkata: No explosion took place on the track between Gidni and Jhargram stations where a guard of a goods train heard an explosion-like sound early Tuesday leading to brief disruption of services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar section, railway sources said.
The guard of a goods train had told the Railway Control Room that he had heard an "explosion-like sound" when the train was between Gidni and Jhargram stations following which the railways suspended services on the Khargapur-Tatanagar section, the sources said.
An RPF party along with bomb squad personnel travelled to the spot to ascertain whether any explosion had occurred but found no such thing, the sources said.
After the clearance, the train services resumed on the section after two-and-half hours, they said.
Meanwhile, the Railways have further extended suspension of night services till June 26 in the Kharagpur division keeping in mind the prevailing situation in the area.
The suspension came in force after the Jnaneshwari train derailment near Jhargram on May 28 which claimed 148 lives.
"The suspension, which was to end today, has been extended till June 26. During the period, trains between Kharagpur and Tatanagar and Kharagpur and Adra will not operate between 10 pm and 5 am," a railway official said.
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017