Transporters` strike called off in Malda
Malda (WB): Private bus, minibus
operators, who called an indefinite transport strike against
illegal mechanised vans plying in Malda district since the
morning, later called off the stir following talks with the
The district authorities promised to look into the
demand for action against the unauthorised vehicles by
February 26, official sources said.
"We will consider next course of action on February 26
but the government needs to act on its promise," a private
bus-minibus-trekker owners` welfare association spokesman
Official sources said although private bus and
minibuses stayed off the roads in the morning peak hours,
state bus, autorickshaws and rickshaws operated normally.
The indefinite transport strike was called in the
district to protest against plying of the `unsafe and
unlicensed` indigenous motorised vans, locally known as
`bhutbhuti`, on long distance routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!