Tribal girl allegedly gang-raped in Bengal district
Suri (WB): The police is on a hunt for three youth who allegedly gang-raped a 13-year-old tribal girl from their own community at a village in Birbhum district.
After the crime was committed on Thursday at Kapista village of Md Bazar Area, the family members of the girl were prevented by villagers from filing a police complaint, Alok Rajouria, Birbhum Superintendent of Police said.
Today, however, they managed to lodge the complaint with the Md Bazar police station, the SP said.
The girl`s father alleged that they were threatened with dire consequences by the influential people of their community if they dared to lodge a complaint with the police.
"A complaint was today lodged against three persons. As soon as the compliant was lodged police officers from Md Bazar police station started raids in the area," the SP said adding the girl was sent for a medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video