Tribal villages attacked in WB dist, one killed
Suri (WB): One person was killed when a mob
attacked tribal villages with bombs in Birbhum district today,
Irked over the killing of a stone crusher on Monday night
in Md Bazar police station area, a mob descended on
Sagarbandhi and other villages and hurled bombs and set ablaze
over 100 thatched houses and looted house-hold items and
cattle, they said.
One tribal died and two others were injured at
Sagarbandhi village during the attack, police said.
Burdwan Range DIG Saumitra Mohan and other senior
officers rushed to the spot to restore normalcy.
"We are speaking with the villagers to find a solution to
restore normalcy," District Magistrate Saumitra Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video