Tribal villages attacked in WB dist, one killed
Suri (WB): One person was killed when a mob
attacked tribal villages with bombs in Birbhum district today,
Irked over the killing of a stone crusher on Monday night
in Md Bazar police station area, a mob descended on
Sagarbandhi and other villages and hurled bombs and set ablaze
over 100 thatched houses and looted house-hold items and
cattle, they said.
One tribal died and two others were injured at
Sagarbandhi village during the attack, police said.
Burdwan Range DIG Saumitra Mohan and other senior
officers rushed to the spot to restore normalcy.
"We are speaking with the villagers to find a solution to
restore normalcy," District Magistrate Saumitra Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands