Tribal woman gang-raped in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri: A tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped in a village under Dhupguri block in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district, police said on Friday.
The 34-year-old woman from Champimukhi village had gone to a local market on Tuesday afternoon amidst dense fog.
A group of four to five men at the market place in Nathuahat area had persuaded her to partake of a locally brewed drink, police said.
Under the influence of liquor, the woman could not ward off her attackers who fled under the cover of fog after committing the crime, police said.
The woman was later taken to Birpara hospital by the villagers where a medical examination was conducted.
The woman`s son lodged an FIR with the Banarhat police station following which one person was arrested. The other members of the gang are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’