Tribal woman gang-raped in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri: A tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped in a village under Dhupguri block in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district, police said on Friday.
The 34-year-old woman from Champimukhi village had gone to a local market on Tuesday afternoon amidst dense fog.
A group of four to five men at the market place in Nathuahat area had persuaded her to partake of a locally brewed drink, police said.
Under the influence of liquor, the woman could not ward off her attackers who fled under the cover of fog after committing the crime, police said.
The woman was later taken to Birpara hospital by the villagers where a medical examination was conducted.
The woman`s son lodged an FIR with the Banarhat police station following which one person was arrested. The other members of the gang are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre