Tribal woman gang-raped in West Bengal
Jalpaiguri: A tribal woman was allegedly gang-raped in a village under Dhupguri block in West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district, police said on Friday.
The 34-year-old woman from Champimukhi village had gone to a local market on Tuesday afternoon amidst dense fog.
A group of four to five men at the market place in Nathuahat area had persuaded her to partake of a locally brewed drink, police said.
Under the influence of liquor, the woman could not ward off her attackers who fled under the cover of fog after committing the crime, police said.
The woman was later taken to Birpara hospital by the villagers where a medical examination was conducted.
The woman`s son lodged an FIR with the Banarhat police station following which one person was arrested. The other members of the gang are absconding, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- We are now talking to China eye-to-eye, raising issues of Indian interests boldly: PM Narendra Modi
- Release date of Salman Khan starrer 'Sultan' announced!
- What you need to know about dietary supplements!
- Euro 2016: Italy Vs Spain, England Vs Iceland; players to watch out for
- Govt pursuing black money very aggressively: Jayant Sinha