Tribute for victims of hospital fire
Kolkata: Wreaths were placed on Saturday before
the hospital, where smoke from a blaze snuffed out 90 lives,
as the fire-ravaged portion stood a grim reminder of the
The wreaths were placed on a makeshift memorial, a
tribute by local people who assisted fire-fighters in rescue
operations at the annexe of the AMRI Hospital at Dhakuria
whose interiors were still emanating smoke and the smell of
"So many lives have been lost due to our callousness,"
read a inscription in Bengali on one of the wreaths.
Local people gathered at the gates this morning claiming
that more bodies could still be trapped inside.
Meanwhile, six of the seven directors of the hospital
who surrendered to the police, would be produced in court
during the day.
Earlier the civic authorities sealed the annexe building.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has already cancelled the
licence of the hospital on the charge of gross negligence and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days