Trinamool activists chop off panchayat employee’s ear
Kolkata: In a shocking incident, activists belonging to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress party on Thursday chopped off the ear of a panchayat employee in West Bengal’s Murshidabad district for defying party diktat.
As per reports, the employee had failed to report for work yesterday – the first day of the two-day nationwide strike called by trade unions.
TMC had issued a diktat asking all government employees to report for work despite the strike call.
Today, when the employee arrived for work TMC workers confronted him and when his explanation failed to satisfy them, they attacked him with a dagger. When the employee tried to save himself from being hacked, his ear got chopped off in the process.
Reports said the activists were shouting TMC slogans when they entered the panchayat office at Debipur in Murshidabad district.
No formal complaint has been lodged so far with the police. The victim has meanwhile been admitted to a local hospital.
Last week, Governor MK Narayanan had criticized Mamata Banerjee for removing Kolkata police commissioner RK Pachanda over police`s handling of political clashes at a city college in which a policeman was killed.
Also last month, Narayanan had stated that there was prevalence of "a kind of goondaism and not political culture" in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply