Trinamool activists lay siege to CPI(M) district office
Tamluk (WB): Alleging that armed people
have taken shelter inside the CPI(M)`s district office in the
Maoist-infested West Midnapore district, Trinamool Congress
today laid a siege to the party office here.
Trinamool activists erected a stage in front of the party
office and checked all vehicles passing through the road.
Mahmood Hossain, Trinamool district secretary, said armed
goons of the CPI(M) were frequenting the party office at night
and many of them were inside.
Members of a `Peace Committee` were maintaining an
indefinite vigil in front of the party office and searching
for arms in cars, he said adding the siege would be lifted
only when the armed people inside were driven out.
The Trinamool Congress has charged the CPI(M) with
stockpiling arms in its party offices to attack opposition
District CPI(M) leaders were not available for reaction as
they busy in a meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof