Trinamool activists lay siege to CPI(M) district office
Tamluk (WB): Alleging that armed people
have taken shelter inside the CPI(M)`s district office in the
Maoist-infested West Midnapore district, Trinamool Congress
today laid a siege to the party office here.
Trinamool activists erected a stage in front of the party
office and checked all vehicles passing through the road.
Mahmood Hossain, Trinamool district secretary, said armed
goons of the CPI(M) were frequenting the party office at night
and many of them were inside.
Members of a `Peace Committee` were maintaining an
indefinite vigil in front of the party office and searching
for arms in cars, he said adding the siege would be lifted
only when the armed people inside were driven out.
The Trinamool Congress has charged the CPI(M) with
stockpiling arms in its party offices to attack opposition
District CPI(M) leaders were not available for reaction as
they busy in a meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar