Trinamool activists lay siege to CPI(M) district office
Tamluk (WB): Alleging that armed people
have taken shelter inside the CPI(M)`s district office in the
Maoist-infested West Midnapore district, Trinamool Congress
today laid a siege to the party office here.
Trinamool activists erected a stage in front of the party
office and checked all vehicles passing through the road.
Mahmood Hossain, Trinamool district secretary, said armed
goons of the CPI(M) were frequenting the party office at night
and many of them were inside.
Members of a `Peace Committee` were maintaining an
indefinite vigil in front of the party office and searching
for arms in cars, he said adding the siege would be lifted
only when the armed people inside were driven out.
The Trinamool Congress has charged the CPI(M) with
stockpiling arms in its party offices to attack opposition
District CPI(M) leaders were not available for reaction as
they busy in a meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him