Trinamool activists lay siege to CPI(M) district office
Tamluk (WB): Alleging that armed people
have taken shelter inside the CPI(M)`s district office in the
Maoist-infested West Midnapore district, Trinamool Congress
today laid a siege to the party office here.
Trinamool activists erected a stage in front of the party
office and checked all vehicles passing through the road.
Mahmood Hossain, Trinamool district secretary, said armed
goons of the CPI(M) were frequenting the party office at night
and many of them were inside.
Members of a `Peace Committee` were maintaining an
indefinite vigil in front of the party office and searching
for arms in cars, he said adding the siege would be lifted
only when the armed people inside were driven out.
The Trinamool Congress has charged the CPI(M) with
stockpiling arms in its party offices to attack opposition
District CPI(M) leaders were not available for reaction as
they busy in a meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown